Amref Health Africa in South Sudan is seeking to recruit Health Systems /Leadership and Management Officers in Yei, Juba, Mundri West Maridi, Yambio and Tumbra.
Purpose of the Job
Overseeing and coordinating Health system programs in collaboration with the USAID-funded South Sudan Health Systems Strengthening Project (“HSSP”) to facilitates the implementation of effective management systems and processes to increase the ownership and capacity of the State Ministries of Health and County Health Departments in the states of Western Equatoria and Central Equatoria to ensure the provision of high quality primary health care.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the HSS project team in planning for cascading of the LM trainings to the county and lower levels in the cluster of counties in western and central Equatoria state
- Work with the country office team to ensure all training materials are ready to cascade trainings in the counties and lower levels
- Coordinate the selection and invitation of participants for the trainings in collaboration with the state ministries of health and county health departments; to ensure the right persons are selected to participate in the trainings
- To ensure efficient and effective implementation of the training workshops in the hubs in collaboration with the central and local facilitators
- To collaborate with the facilitators to ensure all training reports are prepared and submitted to the country office within the agreed time frame
- To coordinate post training follow up, coaching and mentorships and peer support activities
- To provide technical assistance to the county health department on health systems strengthening issues and concerns
- Documents good practices and human interest stories on the project
- Support the county health department in convening of quarterly review and coordination meetings
- Support mid-term and end term evaluation activities in the counties of assignment
- Conduct participatory and results-oriented workshops and training in areas such as planning, team building, role clarification, and leadership and management training
- Develop standardized approaches and organizational development tools to support interventions
- Monitor and evaluate results and recommend mid-course adjustments
- Degree in Public Health, Community Health, Health Management, or other relevant field.
- Three (3) years of professional experience in health systems management and/or organizational development.
- Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, capacity building, and training skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
Interested South Sudanese candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to send their application letter and updated CV, which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work, related referees.
Please quote the position and reference number in the subject matter. Applications should be sent to the Human Resources & Administration Office, Amref Health Africa in South Sudan at firstname.lastname@example.org or as hard copies to Amref Health Africa, South Sudan Country Office, Hai Tong Piny-Juba Nabari, Opp UN-OCHA Offices.
The closing date for submitting applications is Friday, 8th August, 2014.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.