Internship Terms of Reference
Position: Intern (Human Resources)
Location: Directorate of Human Resources, AMREF Headquarters
Duration: Up to 6 months starting September 2013
Time: The work will be full time with an expected amount of 37.5hours per week
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Officer the intern will provide hands on learning experience directly related to responsibilities that transfer to skills needed in a full-time position. The opportunity is available to develop, participate and learn roles and functions within the short courses unit, learning from the unit and directorate’s staff members.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Providing administrative support to the recruitment process support to HQ functions in a timely, effective and cost effective manner. This includes receiving approved requisition for employment form and Job Description or Terms of Reference, drafting vacancy announcements, supporting logistics in interview panels and technical assessments, etc.
- Maintaining an efficient, effective and accurate filling system for Corporate HR
- Ensuring timely availability of up to date special passes for international consultants and volunteers assigned to HQ
- Customer service provision as the first point of contact to corporate HR internal and external clients
- Providing timely and efficient administrative support to corporate HR office
- Provide support in setting up work flow processes and systems relating to recruitment and selection of consultancy and temporary staff.
A work plan with achievements for the duration of the Internship and learning opportunities will be agreed upon.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in human resources, business administration, management or other related field
- Higher diploma in Human resources management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail
- Team player with a pleasant personality
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.