We are looking for an individual who is organized, highly motivated and results-oriented to join a dynamic team and help bring lasting health change in Africa, to fill the following position in the Strengthening HIV Strategic Information in Kenya (ADAM) Project funded by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The project purpose is to develop and support implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategies and tools to track programmatic activities and develop reports for decision making and project improvement. The project is implemented by AMREF in collaboration with DANYA international, AfriAfya and ICF Macro.
The position reports to the Programme Manager HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria Programme Manager and is based in Nairobi.
Purpose of the Job
To provide managerial and technical leadership in the implementation of the Strengthening HIV Strategic Information in Kenya Project to ensure it meets its overall objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and project management through co-ordination and supervision of the implementation of project activities.
- Serve as the partners’ (AMREF, Danya, AfriAfya and Macro) key liaison contact to CDC, NACC, NASCOP, local organizations, and program partners.
- Lead in the preparation of work plans, budgets, M&E plans and performance frameworks for the project.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports relating to the project as per donor requirements as well as for internal purposes.
- Facilitate capacity building activities for the project implementation team, community structures, DHMT and other stakeholders.
- Lead in operations research, documentation and share results for advocacy in order to influence relevant policies and practices.
- Work with program staff and stakeholders to document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt.
- Play a leading role in the management of project resources including staff, finances and assets.
- Develop and promote partnerships and networking with relevant stakeholders including but not limited to local authorities, relevant Government of Kenya Ministries and NGOs.
- Ensure project integration and growth by participating in country office and program meetings.
- Participate in the development of concepts and proposals for fundraising.
Qualifications and Competencies
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a Masters Degree in Public Health or relevant Social Sciences discipline with over five (5) years relevant work experience. Must be ICT proficient. Must have hands on experience in project management related to HIV/AIDS. Should also have experience in capacity building, operations research & documentation, monitoring & evaluation, people management, mentorship & coaching, writing and proposal development and financial management. In addition the ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator and, team player.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team and help bring lasting health for Africa, please quote the position and reference numbers in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, to the Human Resources Manager, AMREF Kenya by e-mail to email@example.com
The closing date for submitting applications is Tuesday, 16th April 2013. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not attach certificates and testimonials to your application.
You are not required to pay any fees to apply for jobs in AMREF.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.